|Published On: Thursday, September 29, 2016|
Prime Minister’s National Laptop Scheme (Phase – II)
Rules and Basic Merit Criteria for Students enrolled in MBA/ MS/ M.Phil.
of Virtual University (VU) of Pakistan
1. Only those VU students shall be included/ considered in the merit list who have successfully submitted their applications on HEC’s PMNLS on-line portal and their data has been verified by the respective Departmental Focal Persons of the University.
2. Students enrolled up to Spring 2015 Semester only shall be eligible for Phase-II of PMNLS scheme. (For details about other batches, please see announcement published on VULMS dated 10thNovember 2015).
3. Minimum eligibility criteria for including the name in the merit list is based on minimum number of credit hours earned and minimum Quality Points (QPs) achieved by the student as prescribed for each batch and the semester number in the respective table below.Note: Minimum Quality Points (QPs) = Minimum no. of Credit Hours Earned x minimum CGPA required to qualify for the respective degree program
4. Merit shall be calculated on the basis of sum of Quality Points (QPs) achieved for total number of credit hours earned by the student in his/her batch and semester number, accordingly i.e. Sum of QPs achieved in the order of merit (highest to lowest) wherein Sum of QPs = CGPA x Sum of Cr. Hrs. Earned.
5. Laptops shall be awarded to the successful students in the order to merit based on their QPs.
MBA/ MS/ M.Phil. (17.5/ 18 Years of Education)
a) MSCS Program (2-Year) Only
Note: No admissions in 1402.
b) MSBA/ MBA - Eq. to MS (30 Cr. Hrs.), MS – Bioinformatics & M.Phil. Education (ELM) Program (2-Year) Only
c) MSBA/ MBA - Eq. to MS (37 Cr. Hrs.) Program (1 ½ -Year) Only
d) MBA Program (3 ½ -Year) Only
1. Students registered with VU as “Disabled” who fulfill the “Semester No.”, “Batch ID” and “Minimum Credit Hours Earned” criteria shall be eligible, for the award of laptop, out of merit of their respective study program.
2. Those students who have frozen their semester(s) but fulfill the criteria of minimum limit set for “Credit Hours Earned” and “QPs” prescribed according to the “Batch ID” of their respective study program shall be eligible for including in the merit list, in the order of merit.
3. Those students who have either converted or changed their study program(s) but fulfill the above eligibility criteria set for of respective new study program, according to semester number after conversion shall be considered in the order of merit, accordingly. Credit hour(s) exempted/ transferred shall not be counted towards earned credit hours for the purpose of merit calculation.
4. Those students who have either dropped-out or withdrawn from the University till 30-06-2015, shall not be eligible for this scheme.
5. VU employees registered as student in any of the study program shall not be eligible for this scheme.
6. Students who completed their respective degree requirements and graduated in spring 2015 semester shall be considered eligible.
7. Students having “Overseas” status i.e. “OPKST” as on 30-06-2015 shall not be eligible for this scheme.
8. Credit hours earned for “Deficiency Course(s)” shall not be counted towards “Minimum Credit Hours Earned”.
9. In a case of tie between two or more students on merit, then the matter will be resolved on the basis of age, wherein preference shall be given to the younger student.
LIST OF SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS WHO FULFILL THE MERIT CRITERIA AS PER RESPECTIVE BATCH OF THEIR STUDY PROGRAMS IS AS UNDER:
Merit Criteria and List of Successful Students (MBA/ MS/ M.Phil. Programs Only) for Award of Laptops under PMNLS Phase -II
Friday, 30 September 2016