CS619-Final Project FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Is it necessary to form a group of two members in the project?
No, it is not necessary, as any student can choose to do the project alone. In this case the student should not accept any group request on VULMS, and send no request to any other student.
- Is a student allowed to form group with any other VU student?
Grouping is on students' end, a student can form a group with any BSCS/BSIT/MCS/MIT student who is registered in same project. Check the guideline/links provided above in Table-1.
- What is Group ID or Project ID?
The terms 'Group ID' and 'Project ID' are same. It is a unique identifier for the students in the project. In case there are two members in a group, they will be assigned a single group id.
If a student has chosen to do the project alone (i.e. without a group member), the student will still be assigned a unique id.
- What if my custom project proposal gets rejected?
Project Committee evaluates each project proposal. For students whose project proposals are rejected, are required to select a project from default projects (Option # 1 in Table-1).
- Can I do internship/research instead of software project?
No, internship or research based project is not offered to students in CS619 course. So you must complete a software application project.
- What is Project Reference Letter (PRL) option on VULMS?
Project Reference Letter is related to Management and Business study programs (MBA/BBA etc). So you should ignore this option on VULMS.
- How many students are allowed to select a particular project from default projects?
Maximum 200 students are allowed in each project. So the requests are accepted on first come, first served basis. So make sure you choose the project properly (and well ahead of last date for selection).
- Are their any video lectures, GMDBs, Handouts, Quizes for CS619 course?Their are no video lectures, GMDBs, handouts or quizes for this course. If any of this is applied/started, it will be published on this announcements page. Everything you will require in the project will be available from announcements page or CS619 course section in VULMS.
- What are total marks/CGPA in CS619 course?Project course CS619 contains a total of 4.0 CGPA (total marks=100) so you will be graded accordingly on successful completion of course.
- Where should I contact in case of any query/information?If it is related to a specific project, then contact at appropriate email id.
Email ids for all project supervisors are provided in Table-2. However if it is not related to any specific project, you can contact at CS619@vu.edu.pk Once you are assigned a project, and project supervisor, you shall then contact respective project supervisor only, for your project related matters.